Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

Ooh...new crochet project

Hello lovely people,
I hope you had a great weekend.
 
A couple of weeks ago my gem of a husband bought me some more yarny stash from my local yarn shop ...I had decided I wanted to make a blanket and thought I wanted lots of colours.
Well, these yarny balls of goodness played on my mind a lot.  The more I thought about them the more confused I became on how to use them.  I had tentatively made some granny squares but wasn't convinced that was what I wanted.
So, some new and some from my stash... here are some of the colours I had teasing me...
 
 
 
Yesterday I decided upon Lucy's ripple pattern and started a brand new hooky project.
I've only hooked about five rows but I couldn't wait to show you
so here it is....
 
 
Surprise! I'm only using three colours.
 
I've had to pull it apart a couple of times and it's still not perfect but I am fine with it now and happy just to hook away at it.
It is a lovely pattern to work once you get use to it... rhythmic and therapeutic. Lovely :)
Thank you so much Lucy... I owe you a coffee!
 
I'll show you a progress report when there is something more substantial to see.
Nag me if I don't!
 
I've been fiddling around with my blog header.  What do you think?
I'm not too sure at the moment so I'll live with it a few days before I make a decision.
 
Several people have had problems with not being able to leave messages.  I have checked everything and cannot find anything wrong.  Have you had a similar problem with your blog? 
 
Ooh...it time to go as Bertie (wee Cairn like dog) wants some attention.
 
Toodlypip xxx
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. The header looks great. Still no military content though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Lovely husband has asked for trains! Xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracey, I think I've found your blog, (I am 'Crochet with Linda Dawn'), I've been playing with my header on and off all week and I think I'm quite happy with it now. I used Picmonkey and also made the same header again to fit my G+ page profile page too.
    Lot's of yarny goodness here, lucky you. The ripple blanket looks pretty so far, I look forward to following your progress with that.
    If I have the correct Tracey I would like to thank you for following my blog and for your lovely comments. If I haven't, hello new friend :-)

    myblog: linda-dawn-designs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes it is I :-) Hello new friend! Apologies for the confusion. I tried creating a new Google+ account so I could be more anonymous on blog but it hasn't worked and in the meantime things seemed to have got more confused and I don't know what do about it the moment.
    I shall go check out your header... and picmonkey
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message :-) I love hearing from you and it really does make my day xx